Someone said that the extent to which we enjoy our work is determined by the degree of resemblance it has to those childhood games that amused us the most.
As a child, Jacobo spent hours drawing, making stories on loose pages that he later roughly stapled (he never handled staplers well). Then came a stage of darkness and turbulence in which he stopped listening to himself. Until, when he came across the sentence at the beginning, along with other ingredients of life, he returned to drawing as a result.
Today he enjoys as much as when he was little. His goal is to rediscover that childish spontaneity that guides the mind of any child.
He has collaborated, among others, with A Buen Paso · Aecid · A Fin de Cuentos · Anaya · Apli · Baía · Bambú · Brosquil · Casals · Combel · Correos · Diputación de Orense · Edebé · Edelbra · Edelvives · Editora do Brasil · Feafes · Grazalema · Hipòtesi · Huygens · Il leone verde · Imaginarium · Human Rights Institute of Catalonia · Jaguar · Jiracebra · Kumon · La Guarida · Free Will · Malsinet · McGraw-Hill · Médicos Mundi · Federico García Lorca Cultural Board · Diputación de Granada · Planet & Oxford · Progreso · Robin Book · Santillana · SM · Syllabus · Tambre · Teide · Mythical Bull · Trillas · UNED · Unicef · Verses and Strokes · Xunta de Galicia
- Banco del Libro (IBBY Venezuela) The Best Books for Children and Young People. Selected with Abecebichos Venezuela. 2013).
- Illustrated Album Contest of the Island Council of Gran Canaria Finalist. Spain. 2006.
- Lazarillo Award for Illustration Special Mention. OEPLI Spain. 2005.
- José Segrelles International Illustration Award City Hall of Albaida (Spain). 2005).
- Pura e Dora Vázquez Children's Illustration. Deputation of Ourense (Spain). 2004).
- Maria Victoria Moreno. Landscapes and characters Xunta de Galicia (Spain). 2018.
- Mostra Internazionalle d'Illustrazione per l'infanzia Le immagini della fantasia Sàrmede (Italy). 2012.